Monday, November 30, 2015

Scratch Game Design




 I wanted my game to be easy to play and also fun. I also wanted people to think the characters and background were fun too. I wanted the players to like the game. I also wanted it to be funny. The game is easy to play, colorful, and fun. The background is balloons, and you are the unicorn chasing the bouncy ball, and the goal is to touch the ball one hundred times. Then you win! To control the unicorn, you use the arrow keys to move and try to chase the ball which automatically moves by itself. To see how I made my game go to Scratch and see inside. I hope you enjoy playing my game!

I wanted people who saw my game to think it was cool and colorful. I wanted them to like the game and enjoy playing it. I wanted them to like the theme and think it is funny and cool.

Some things about my game is the background. It is fun and colorful. The scene is a party and there is a rainbow of colors. There are a bunch of balloons and it is really fun to look at. Just like the background, my characters are colorful and fun as well. I wanted my game to look like a fun, happy rainbow. Looks like I succeeded! I also wanted my game not just to be fun to look at, but also fun to play. In the game you are the amazing unicorn chasing the orange bouncy ball.  Once you get to one hundred points you WIN! I hope you think my game is colorful too!

On my plat former game, one of the best features is my starfish. I wanted my game's theme to be really cool and have a great color scheme. I used pink on turquoise and pink on black. It ended up looking really nice. However my characters did not end up moving smoothly. My game did not end up functioning very well, but i'm still working on it!

I think my best code that I did on this project was when I was working on the unicorn. Some parts of it were very complex and hard to do but I did it and I think it works very good. I had to get the unicorn to move smoothly around the stage. The orange ball was easier. It just had to move randomly around the stage. The concept was to chase the ball and touch it 20 times.

13 comments:

  1. I really like how smoothly your unicorn moved when trying to get the ball

    However, Once I won, the game didn't end! I want you to try putting a stop all block after you win.

    Although, I like how you coded the ball to move in different patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the back rounds and the spites.
    I also saw that once I Won the game did not end.
    Really good on not having any bugs everything moves smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing job making the sprites move smoothly
    When the character says I win the game doesn't stop
    nice job removing the bugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the objective of the game.
    One concern I have is about the speed of the ball. The ball switches off speeds and it's really hard to keep up with it.
    I really like your theme it's really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job with the characters and colors. You could make the unicorn to move faster so it can catch to the ball,but overall I liked how it was short and simple

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the colors! You could try making the starfish move left by using when left arrow is pressed move -10 step. I also really liked the starfish sprite that you have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your platformer game looks really cool, however I couldn't play the game at all, but I think it could be a good game

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how colorful your game is. I think your should make it so the sprite starts on top of the bottom platform. I like the sprite you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your unicorn is very cool and moves good but maybe the ball can go slower in the begging, Overall this is a great game.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katy Kat! I love your bright colors in the platform game! But, when I pressed play, I couldn't play the game. You can fix this by placing the starfish on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great job I likie the way your game is set up, I have no suggestions, great job!

    ReplyDelete